As you first heard on the G 101-3 Morning Show
, here are the revisions made by RCS regarding the dress code.
1. Socks or shoes have not been addressed in any disciplinary action since the Code
2. Layering shirts is permissible, even when the layers are contrasting or of different
3. Crew neck shirts under a polo shirt are permissible, but are not required.
4. Sleeveless shirts are not allowed (unless worn over an acceptable shirt.)
5. Contrasting stitching on jeans is permissible and/or stitched logo-type designs (not
pictures or drawings) on the back-side pockets of jeans are permitted.
6. Stitched back-side pocket pictures on jeans are not permitted.
7. Cargo pants are acceptable.
8. Necklines at or slightly below the collarbone are acceptable (especially since crew
neck for women are lower than those for men.)
9. Print designs are permitted for skirts and dresses.
10. Clothing promoting youth serving partner organizations, such as Boy and Girl Scouts,
Wayne County Boys and Girls Club, Girls Inc, etc. are allowed.
11. Education entails teaching students about expectations and respect for authority.
12. Health needs of students will be given priority consideration in enforcement of the
To read more about the clarification of the RCS dress code you can got to the RCS website
for more info.