As we talked about on the G 101-3 Morning Show
today, you can use food to fight off the flu. According to the Mother Nature Network
these foods can help improve your immune system and fight infection...
• Strawberries. They're a great source of vitamin C.
• Dark chocolate. Cocoa can increase the immune system's ability to defend against infection.
• Garlic. It's good for you. Experts recommend two cloves a day.
• Oysters. They've got critical Zinc, which helps rally up white blood cells to attack bacteria.
• Almonds. They're a great source of antioxidant vitamin E which can reduce your chances of getting sick.
And have an extra serving of sweet potatoes next week. The Beta-carotene improves your body’s defenses. Actually, lots of orange food can do this, carrots, squash and pumpkin to name a few.